From President Ian Coat:
Kevin Hollister, long term doyen in Rotarian and mate of Lindsay Davis is a Director at Kemps Credit Solutions; and entertained us Tuesday morning with anecdotes about his early childhood, work experience, studies, introduction to Rotary and various Rotary roles over the years, not to mention his specialty of credit and debt. Kevin’s informal address stimulated plenty of question. Kevin said if you want to check your own credit rating then link onto https://www.mycreditfile.com.au/products-services/my-credit-file.
Footy Tipping is on again. Lindsay has sent you all a message. Editor’s Note: Let’s hope he can make the rules a little more convoluted this year.
It’s back – Whooohoooo!!!
And you know that THIS IS YOUR YEAR to pick up some prizes and show your talent.
Entry for the 2018 footy tipping competition is still only $20, which includes a $10 donation to THE ROTARY FOUNDATION, with all remaining money used for prizes.
Last year’s participants just need to sign in. There is no need to register again.
And why not invite family, club members and friends? Just pass this email on. New participants can go to the site www.footytips.com.au/comps/d9520 or email me on email@example.com for instructions.
Payment details will follow shortly. It’s that easy.
Be part of the FUN of Rotary District 9520 Footy Tipping in 2018.
Good luck. LET THE GAMES BEGIN. Lindsay
Summary of our Board Meeting in February
The key points from our recent Board meeting were:
- We will be introducing a new accounting package XERO to manage the Club accounts. Although it will cost a little, we understand that the time savings by both Treasurer and members is worth it. Although we have been discussing this for a while, we found an interesting article online ( https://clubrunner.blob.core.windows.net/00000050156/en-au/files/page/xero-for-rotary/xero-for- rotary/XERO-for-Rotary.pdf ) that helped confirm our thinking. We have been in contact with the author, who has offered to help setup the account.
- The market committee are looking to hold a “Thank You” gathering for stall-holders. This event will help promote good relationships between stallholders and provide an opportunity to get feedback.
- Having recently announced the imminent departure of two of our members, we ALL need to be thinking about opportunities to promote Rotary amongst our peers and the community, with a view to growing our membership base.
- The Reel Event (TRE) is fast approaching. The TRE committee and Board will establish a budget for the project.
Ian Risely & District Conference
- We have the opportunity to meet our world president Ian Risely in Murray Bridge on Sat 10th March. This catered event will be held in the Town Hall and cost $30pp. You can book through trybooking: https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=347079 on District’s web site – calendar of event or the Mobilong Club’s website http://www.rotarynews.info/club3764 . Ian and Suzette are already booked to go.
- We have six members plus two additional spouses going to the District Conference, March 23-25. That is great news. I find the Conference, both immensely interesting and immensely inspirational. Apart from the formal speaker program, the opportunity to interact one on one with other Rotarians from around the region and hear their stories of what has worked and importantly what has not worked, is very valuable.
- Sat 10th March : Meet Ian Risley at Muray Bridge
- Sun 11th March: Magill Sunrise Market (8am-12noon) – check the roster
- Mar 23-25: District Conference at Tanunda
- Wed 4th April, joint Rotary meeting at the Kensington Hotel hearing about a Kenyan Orphanage
- (tentative) Sat 5th May: Hands On construction in Firle Shopping Centre