From President Chris Gascoine:
Unfortunately, our proposed guest speaker was not able to make this meeting. And our alternative proposal to have each member speak of their memories of the Millennium Memories was bumped by discussions on important club admin issues.
Millennium Memories will now be the principal topic at our next meeting. Mark T will be subbing in for me over the next few weeks. And he has asked that you come prepared to disclose dreams and aspirations at the Millennium that may have been fulfilled or not as the case maybe.
Siony Gardiner and Sue Gascoine offered their apologies.
Club Assembly at Chris and Susan’s – 19th September:
At this evening Club Assembly/Meeting, held at Chris and Susan’s we had further extensive discussions on the future of our club and began making detailed plans for The Reel Event to be held next May.
Treasury Tunnels Tour – 30th September:
Pauline organised a tour of the old Treasury Building (now the Adina Hotel – formerly called the Medina Hotel) in Flinders Street, Adelaide. Thanks Pauline, because we learned a lot about the history of the early colony and the characters that made it happen. The Cabinet Room of the SA Government has been preserved despite being part of a working hotel. And to top off the day we gathered for lunch at the Alma Hotel. See us in the photos of below of us listening to the ghosts of the past in the Cabinet Room and in the tunnels that run beneath the building.
- 21st Sept (Fri) — Chris & Colin assisted RC Norwood at Bunnings BBQ Mile End
- 22nd Sept (Sat) — Siony attended RYLA Opening at Nunyara
- 23rd Sept (Sun) — Chris, Colin & Susan assisted at CFSA “Barossa Great Strides”, Nuriootpa
(see photo below – flying the flag at Nuriootpa)
- 27th Sept (Thu) — Chris, Siony & Bob attended RYLA Graduation at Glenelg Surf Lifesaving
- 30th Sept (Sun) — Tour of Treasury Tunnels followed by lunch at the Alma Hotel
- 14th Oct (Sun) — Rotary Magill Sunrise Market
- 14th Oct (Sun) — Australian Rotary Health High Tea at Riverside Rowing Club, Morphett
Street Bridge, Adelaide
- 26th Oct (Fri) —RC Norwood BBQ at Bunnings Mile End
- 31st Oct (Wed) — Bunnings Mile End Halloween Family Fun Night
- 4th Nov (Sun) — “End Polio” Film Night, 4:00pm at The Regal Cinema, Kensington Road,
Kensington Park, $25 pp incl. wine and finger food starter
- 30th Nov (Fri) — BBQ at Magill Campus & Community Children’s Centre, 14-16 Bundey
- 28th Mar to 4th Apr 2019 — Conference Bicycle Ride, from the Ocean to the Outback, 636km
from Victor Harbor to Broken Hill, a fundraiser for Australian Rotary Health, 7 days of riding,
1rest day, averaging 90km per day — easy!!
- 05-07 Apr 2019 — District Conference — Broken Hill