Welcome and Apologies
Siony, Julie, Colin, Pauline and Lindsay offered their apologies. We assume that Greg is still in a state of shock, post return from the US Canada. Here he is overseas drinking a Bloody Mary on a Steamboat!
No guest speaker as it was originally intended to hold the AGM for 2017-2018 at this meeting. In the event, the AGM was postponed, and discussion centred on preparation for The Reel Event.
Upcoming Film Screening
Members, check your email for an invitation to Kirsty’s film screening on February 5th, featuring Susan Gascoine in one of the short films. This will be a great opportunity to advertise for The Reel Event.
- The meeting last week was cancelled due to the absence of too many members. An additional meeting will be held on 22nd January, the 4th Tuesday of this month.
- Chris worked with RC Norwood at the Bunnings Mile End BBQ on 28th Dec for an addition of $233 to the club’s fundraising account.
- On the afternoon and early evening of Friday 11th Jan, with the temperature up to 40°C, Chris joined members from a number of other Rotary Clubs, including Prospect, Modbury, Mount Barker, Mobilong and Tailem Bend, cooking donuts at the Scouts Australian Jamboree 2019 held at the new Tailem Bend race track.
- 6 Feb (Wed) — RC Norwood will be holding a “Rotary Information Session” at the Kensington Hotel, 23 Regent Street, Kensington, on Wednesday 6th February from 6pm to 8pm, and have invited the other clubs of Group 7 to join them.
- 2 Feb (Sun) — BBQ at Wayne & Christine Abbott’s, Victor Harbor
- 28 Mar to 04 Apr — Conference Bicycle Ride, from the Ocean to the Outback 636km from Victor Harbor to Broken Hill,
a fundraiser for Australian Rotary Health,
7 days of riding, 1 rest day, averaging 90km per day — easy!!
- 5-7 Apr — District Conference at Broken Hill