From President Kirsty Stark:
Our Club Assembly this week focused on preparation for The Reel Event, which is coming up on Sunday May 21st.
Please book your tickets at http://www.trybooking.com/oqxc if you haven’t already, and spread the word to your family and friends.
We had a great promotional article published on Scenestr this week, which includes trailers for some of the films: http://scenestr.com.au/movies/5-fabulous-sa-films-to-see-at-the-reel-event
You may like to email the article link to family and friends, or share it on your social media pages. Thanks for your support! See the Weekly Challenge below.
Sue Hector conducted the Weekly Quiz and who also won the Lucky Card Jackpot.
Marie’s Shelterbox Quiz Night
The figures have been tallied from last Saturday night’s Quiz Night for Shelterbox (in conjunction with Norwood Rotary) and we raised almost $5000. This equates to the purchase of 5 Shelterboxes for families who have lost their homes anywhere in the world. Well done Marie Hermanns for making it happen.
It was a fantastic night, so thank you to all who came along. Congrats to Mark Thompson’s table, which blitzed the field and took away the major prize valued at $900 and donated by Viking Yacht Charters http://www.vikingyachtcharters.com.au
Our focus this week is for everyone to put a huge effort into selling tickets for The Reel Event, which is coming up Sunday week.
Your weekly challenge is to sell at least 5 tickets (including your own) and there will be a prize at next week’s meeting for the most sales so far. You’ve got to be in it to win it!
The booking link is: http://www.trybooking.com/oqxc
If anyone would like paper tickets to sell rather than using the link above, please let Ian Coat or me know.
Here are some suggestions for getting bookings:
- Get a group from work together to support a worthy cause.
- Visit one of the other Rotary Clubs in our area for a ‘catch up’ meeting and plug the event.
- Give your Mum tickets for Mother’s Day, and treat her to an afternoon out the following week.
- Know some creative uni or high school students? Treat them to the opportunity.
- Going to your weekly tennis match / book club meeting / ladies lunch? Suggest they all come with you to a great afternoon at the cinema.
- Ask your hairdresser or doctor if you can print and leave some flyers in the foyer
- Does your work have a client email list? Send them the information and ask them to spread the word.
- Haven’t seen your old school friends in a while? Suggest a catch-up over afternoon tea, with some great films afterwards.
- Want to treat your staff for their hard work? Buy ‘thank you’ tickets for them and a friend.
- AND MORE…