Pauline offered her apologies for today’s meeting.
President Babu (Sabapathy) Kanagasabai and Secretary Ralph Holmes visited from RC Campbelltown
Discussion: Future of the Club
Babu and Ralph joined in our discussion on the Future direction of the Club. It was a fruitful discussion and planning session to achieve an orderly closure of the Club or merging with another Club by the end of June.
President’s Notices: Past Items
- Chris & Susan attended a social gathering of RC Eastwood at the Kensington Hotel on 01 Feb.
- Colin & Pauline, Graham & Robyn, Mark & Mari and past club member Sue Mackay attended a BBQ at Wayne & Christine Abbott’s home in McCracken on Saturday 02 Feb. Thanks Wayne and Christine
- Kirsty’s movie premiere held at the Wallis Mitcham Cinemas on 05 Feb.
- RC Norwood hekd a “Rotary Information Session” at the Kensington Hotel, 23 Regent Street, Kensington, on Wed 06 Feb from 6pm to 8pm, and have invited the other clubs of Group 7 to join them.
Magill Market – This Sunday!
Hey Folks, remember its Magill Market in a couple of days, so it’s all hands to the pump to help out. The weather looks fine, cool and dry. See you there.
President’s Notices: Future Items
- 28 Mar to 04 Apr — Conference Bicycle Ride, from the Ocean to the Outback 636km from Victor Harbor to Broken Hill, a fundraiser for Australian Rotary Health, 7 days of riding, 1 rest day, averaging 90km per day — easy!!
- We have been asked about hosting the District 6040 GSE Team (from Missouri USA) at a breakfast meeting sometime shortly before the District Conference05-07 Apr — District Conference at Broken
- 08 Feb (fri) — RC Norwood needs helpers for the BBQ at Bunnings Mile End
- 09-10 Feb (sat-sun) — Australian Rotoract Conference, Adelaide
- 02-03 Mar (sat-sun) — District 9520 PETS Training (paid by club)
- 06 Mar (wed) — potential joint meeting with RC Norwood to hear an interesting guest speaker talking about SAMRI
- 12 Mar (tue) — potential joint meeting with RC St Peters to hear an interesting guest speaker
- 27 Mar (wed) — Group 7 welcome dinner for GSE Team fromD6040, Missouri, USA Kensington Hotel
- 05-07 Apr — District Conference at Broken Hill
- 04-05 May (sat-sun) — District 9520 Assembly
Thought for the Week:
“If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on” — Sheryl Sandberg